March 2012

Thu 1st Mar Gloria-Theater Cologne, Germany

Sat 3d Mar O2 Academy Bristol Bristol, UK

Sun 4th Mar Stylus, Pure & Mine at Leeds University Union Leeds, UK

Tue 6th Mar O2 ABC Glasgow, UK

Wed 7th Mar Rock City Nottingham, UK

Thu 8th Mar HMV Institute Digbeth, UK

Fri 9th Mar O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire London, UK

So if you have spare time and you'd like to spend a nice evening, catch her at the nearest place (or not) from your home. Enjoy !
DMB Koln 28th Feb 2010, DMB Antwerp 1st March 2010, DMB Amsterdam 3d March 2010

Spread the music you like and make people happy
Old 2012-02-17, 21:21   #2
Dschakobi
Admin

Sun 26th Feb Muffathalle Munich, Germany

birthday show.. hooray!
DMB - February, 20th 2010 - Munich, GER
Dave & Tim - March, 13th 2007 - Cologne, GER
Old 2012-02-18, 11:11   #3
tyl-76
drummin' ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dschakobi
Sun 26th Feb Muffathalle Munich, Germany

birthday show.. hooray!

Hey Jacob, nice to see you back! Going to see her the day before I'll post my comments on sunday 26th....

Old 2012-02-26, 13:57   #4
tyl-76
drummin' ant

Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, 25th February, 2012, Rockhal Club, Luxemburg

Pre-show : HIPSTER DJ TEAM (GER)

Show review :

600 people to see a SJ concert in Luxemburg, it might be a poor score. But it's enough to fill the small Rockhal Club and make it as warm as a Irish Coffee in your stomach in winter; warm, smooth and with a happy feeling.
German Hipster DJ Team are the ones who get the job to warm up the crowd. No concert here, but a DJ couple consisting of Djane Beatnicky and DJ Hipster Tom . They have been playing since the mid Eighties in various locations throughout their hometown Saarbrücken and offered us the cream of classic Sixties Beat, Northern Soul & Funk music during an hour and a half for the crowd's pleasure. No need to get some opening band (often bad) when you have a talented pair like that. They know what to play, and Dj Hispter Tom is dancing all the way while playing his 45's and cd's. Temperature is raising...

It's 9:30pm when lights come down and Daptones' musicians take the stage under a warm crowd applause. And the machine is immediately rolling : the SJ & the DK Soul Revue is in march, a sweatin', groovin', energetic, funkin' ensemble presenting what they are there for : Soul & Funk Music. After 15 minutes of playing and presenting the fabulous background female vocalists that are accompaning the band, here she is, the Queen of Soul, Mrs Sharon Jones in her sixties robe, moving and dancing like she was JB. And during the next two hours, she and her band are gonna give us a funky lesson we'll never forget. Very professional, but Sharon Jones also has some dose of humor. As she was explaining to the crowd where and when she would be after the show, some idiot shouted "Enough talk, we want music!", she just booed him (along with the rest of the crowd) and finally "invited the guy to "get his ass" on stage for some dance demonstration ! Following track saw SJ singing just in front of the guy who was having the time of his life, dancing and smiling at Sharon!
A very emotional tribute was made to the Soul singers gone lately (Amy Winehouse- the Dap Kings are the backing band on her second album; Etta james and Whitney Houston), just SJ, the two back up singers and one guitar.
The finale was "100 days, 100 nights" with the quite fast gospel reprise while she left the stage, leaving the dancing crowd enjoy the very last minutes of the show with the Dap Kings.
Just amazing...
Less than 10 minutes after the show ended, SJ was already there, into the crowd, signing autographs and posing for pictures with a massive delighted crowd. She had a word for everybody, smiling, joking, kissing everyone !! So I just waited my turn, watching her enjoying being with her fans, unbelievable... Had my albums signed, exchanged a few words with her (and aksing if plans were made for some live album. Reply was they had to record a date at the Appollo, but the venue asked too much money, so she said NO ), and SJ kissed me twice, wishing me a good night... How could I possibly be happier after that ?
I saw a true artist, sharing her passion on and off stage. A good person (there was this handicaped guy in a wheel chair with his parents, and he was trying to reach her to get albums signed. As soon as Sharon saw him, she was all devoted to him, kissing him several times, posing for incredible photos. And cherry on the pie came as the guy's parents told Sharon it was his birthday. She immediately began to sing Stevie Wonder's Happy Birthday to the guy, just like that. Pure emotion). This is how it should be, everytime, everywhere, anytime. Soul Power !
What a night !